The course develops algorithmic thinking and program implementation, using the LEGO® WeDo graphic programming. During each lesson, students will build a robot using LEGO® parts and program it according to the required functionality. Most programming tasks will be performed using English terms.
This enrichment program objective is achieved when the students design a software and mechanical engineering project, study its market and use rhetorical methods to make a successful presentation to investors.
Suitable for: 4th-6th grade
or 3rd grade graduates of one of the Young Engineers mechanical engineering programs
Average lesson duration: 60 minutes/90 minutes
- Develop algorithmic thinking.
- Learn English software engineering terminology.
- Develop procedural thinking.
- Develop self-confidence and a sense of self-efficacy.
- Submit a final project.
- Develop presentation skills and nurture rhetorical capabilities.
- Develop the following 21st century skills:
- Working in teams efficiently.
- Computer orientation.
- Acquiring information system and media literacy.
- Develop High Order thinking skills with an emphasis on critical and creative thinking.
- Gadgets and games.
- Modern Robots to execute different tasks.